Multiplier and Voting Power
The voting on xyzDAO will be performed with the non-tradable vXYZ tokens. To get vXYZ, you have to stake or lock your $XYZ tokens.
1. You can lock $XYZ for vXYZ.
- You can lock $XYZ for a period of up to 1 year and get bonus vXYZ.
- The bonus is linear — max 1 year, max 2x multiplier.
Example: - lock 1,000 $XYZ for 1 year and get 2,000 vXYZ - lock 1,000 $XYZ for 6 months and get 1,500 vXYZ.
- Bonus has a linear decay relative to locking duration.
Example: lock 1,000 $XYZ for 1 year and get 2,000 vXYZ at T0 - after 6 months the balance is 1,500 vXYZ - after 9 months the balance is 1,250 vXYZ.
- You can lock and the period is the same:
- base balance is increased with the added yXYZ
- multiplier is recalculated relatively to the new lock expiration date
- You can only withdraw your vXYZ balance after the lock expires.
- You can stake $XYZ tokens without locking them. No bonus is applied. vXYZ balance = $XYZ balance.
- You can stake more $XYZ and get the same amount of vXYZ
- You can redeem your $XYZ tokens at any time.
- You can only delegate to one person at a time.
- Only actual balance can be delegated, not a bonus.
- Delegated balance cannot be locked.
- You can take the delegated vXYZ at any time.